New York Wedding at The Briarcliff Manor
Warm weather and gorgeous lush scenery – Summer is such a magical time at The Briarcliff Manor. New York City couple Kate and Shu celebrated their elegant wedding at the Manor last summer. From an “awkward” first date to a “perfect” June wedding day, these two love birds got together with friends and family to celebrate the beginning of their life together.
Congratulations Kate and Shu! We wish you all the best!
Read along as the two share beautiful details of their love story with an in-depth interview.
- How did you two first meet? We connected through an online Dating App
- What was your first impression of each other? Kate: I thought he was tall; Shu: Kate has beautiful eyes.
- What was your first date? We both work in the financial district in downtown Manhattan and decided to meet for a coffee at La Columbus on Wall Street.
- Who said ‘I love you’ first? We both think we said it first lol… we can’t remember.
- What was the most memorable date you two shared? We were very brave to go to the NJ Balloon festival by train + Uber. It was raining heavily. We got there and found the festival was cancelled. We found that no Uber would answer to take us back to the train station. Everyone else at the festival drove. We were standing in the rain and asked some nice lady to give us a ride to the nearby shopping mall. It was not a successful trip but a very special date. We were both very tired and laughed at each other’s “good planning”. We found we could enjoy each other’s company and keep a sense of humor at sort of awkward situation We decided to go exclusive after that date.
- What are your nicknames for each other? We call each other babe.
- Is there a favorite spot you two share? We go to the Finger Lakes often. Shu grew up near Ithaca, NY. We like to take weekend trips to enjoy some wine. If we are in the city, our romantic spot is Vanguard Wine Bar (Upper East Side). We like that they play old movies.
- Who met the in-laws first? Kate met Shu’s parents first.
- What are your favorite things about each other? Shu likes that Kate is very spontaneous. Kate likes that Shu is always so calm and happy.
- Do you have a special tradition on Valentine’s Day? Nothing special
- What was your proposal like? Where was it? Shu took Kate for hiking and proposed in the middle of a hike.
- How long have the both of you known each other? Three years
- How long did you two date before you decided to get married? 2 years
- How did you feel when he proposed? Very happy
- What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Our family and friends on the dance floor, enjoying the band and music.
- How would you describe the style or theme of your wedding? Classic and Elegant
- What did you look most forward to? The honeymoon. We will go to New Zealand for our honeymoon
- What was the most fun detail of your wedding to plan? All the details!
- What was your something old, something new and something blue? My family is Chinese, we didn’t follow this tradition.
- To the Groom: What were you thinking when you saw her walking down the aisle? She was so beautiful, and I am the happiest man in the world.
- What is the first thing the groom noticed about the bride when he had first look? Her smile
- Is there anything from your wedding day that you will keep as memorabilia? I kept our welcome sign. It has our names and wedding date on it. I am so happy every time I look at it.
- Were there any family heirlooms that you cherished with you on the wedding day? My father gave Shu his first Rolex watch. He bought it about 20 years ago and always loved it. Shu was wearing it on the wedding day. It’s my father’s best wishes to Shu and our new family.
- What is “your song” and why ? Ed Sheeren “Perfect”. It’s perfect for weddings and the start of our life together.
- Who was your maid of honor and why? Nora was my maid of Honor. She’s so sweet and strong, always there for me. We like to chitchat about everything. We also have similar background, both went to a foreign country when we were young and tried to balance culture difference. We supported each other and listened to each other. I can’t think of anyone else who should of been my Maid of Honor.
- Who was your best man and why? Fred was my best man and he’s my best friend, always there for me. I am also always there for him. We had so much fun together and I know we could always have each other’s back.
- How would you describe your wedding day in one sentence? It was perfect!
Photography & Videography: Jaylim Studios
Entertainment: Stolen Moments Entertainment
Decor: Decor by Vincenza (Inhouse Specialist)
Transportation: Leros Limo
Dress Designer: Amsale
Venue: The Briarcliff Manor
Room Block Hotel: Crowne Plaza White Plains